 Administrative / General / 112
Re: When is everyone coming over?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 15:24:45 GMT

Thomas Main <main@appstate.edu> writes:

I am anxiously anticipating having the rest of rtl start using LUGNET's
newsgroups.  I think it will be very exciting once everyone gets
onboard!

We'll see how many people are as excited about all of this as we are.  :)

I don't get the sense there will be any kind of momentous en masse movement
from RTL to here, and this wasn't really designed as to be a replacement for
RTL anyway...  Bear in mind that some people may have trouble accessing the
server through their corporate firewalls -- something which may take a bit
of time to work out with their employer -- and some people may object to
portions of the Terms of Use (I don't know why, but there are all kinds of
people :).  I think we'll just hafta wait and see what happens.  If a lot of
people do choose to hang out here, that could end up being a lot of fun!  :)

When is the announcement planned? (the weekend might be good
because fewer people read and everyone wouldn't come on all at once)

It might've happened yesterday except for the last-minute renaming.  :)
Waiting until the weekend is an interesting thought.

--Todd