 Administrative / General / 11074
11073  |  11075
Subject:
Policy for posting in lugnet.announce
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 06:41:07 GMT

I noticed at the end of this post
<http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=9040> that apparently the
rtlToronto group has been asked not to post in lugnet.announce:

Heck, I remember a few years ago, Calum got in poop, cause we would post toronto
specific announcement in .announce, until we were told to stop.

I wonder what the reason for this is? I would very much like to know when they
are putting on their robot competitions. I'm sure that others are interested in
when they have their train shows. They're own group has so much traffic that it
takes real effort to find such announcements there.

I live in the Seattle area, yet I've made several trips to Toronto specifically
to attend their events. And I know that other people have come from some
distance to attend their events as well. That's what the announcement and events
groups were created for, I thought.

So I'm wondering if the policy can be clarified about what may be posted in
lugnet.announce and what is off limits. It seems other groups and individuals
post things all the time that are very specific -- not everyone will be
interested in them. But there is still an audience that is. Where is the line to
be drawn?

Thanks for an answer!

--
  David Schilling