 Administrative / General / 11075
Re: Policy for posting in lugnet.announce
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 06:58:49 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, David Schilling wrote:
I wonder what the reason for this is? I would very much like to know when they
are putting on their robot competitions. I'm sure that others are interested in
when they have their train shows. They're own group has so much traffic that it
takes real effort to find such announcements there.

I really hate to say this, but I think it was my fault.  I think I was on some
weird policing kick, trying to limit posts to the .announce group.  I have no
idea what I was thinking, but trust me, I see the error of my ways now.

Not that my say means anything, but if it were up to me, I'd say that the RTL
announcements defenitely belong in .announce.

So if it was my fault that the RTL guys feel shunned from .announce, please
accept my apology.

Dan