 Administrative / General / 1082
  Digests

Until now, the News-by-Mail gateway to the lugnet newsgroups has only supported instantaneous message delivery: one e-mail message sent to you for each article appearing in your newsgroups. I am pleased to announce that the gateway now supports (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Digests

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999 09:30:51 GMT, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) wrote: [Really excellent write-up snipped] (...) Are the >'s a simple count of depth, or are they (more like) logarithmic? Cool feature, either way. Steve (25 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Digests

(...) Nice work! :-) I'd rather see the headers sorted by title instead of time. That would put all the "Droid development kit" messages next to each other. Another nice thing was if you could (optionally) send HTML mail, and instead of a simple (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Digests

(...) Just a simple count of the number of message-id's in the References header. (...) Unfortunately, it's not smart enough to detect when someone has been bad and has deleted the References header (by accidentally starting a new thread when they (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Digests

(...) My apologies for the unsightly quoted-printable content (='s followed by hexadecimal digits)... My message contained the string "u n s u b" (only without the spaces), which caused the lego-robotics@crynwr.com mailing list server (ezmlm) to (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Digests

I'd like to second the following request (digest form, sorting by title). However, I'd be unlikely to use it until it could manage threads. Sorting by threads is my best way of dealing with the volume of this list in a reasonable amount of time. (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Digests

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) Is there any chance of digests by volume or count? I'm on a few digests elsewhere that run on a "when the moderator thinks there's enough for a digest" basis. Being able to say "when there are more than 1000 (...) (25 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Digests

(...) I was kinda wondering about that. I suppose there's a half-decent chance of it happening, but not for a while. It would probably fall into the category of an advanced configuration requiring official memberships, which we don't have running (...) (25 years ago, 25-Feb-99, to lugnet.admin.general)