 Administrative / General / 10690 (-5)
  Re: Lugnet listed as Open relay at ORDB.org?

(...) Are we the only two users affected? Cheers. Carlo Lugnet #24 (posting from web, sigh...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet listed as Open relay at ORDB.org?

Below is a reply I received from my email provider after I requested A solution to my problem from their end. -Rob Hello, Thanks for your description. Now I see the situation. Yes, the mail server on all standard LinkSky accounts uses the Open Relay (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: >>15.2 MILLION EMAIL ADDRESSES...PLUS $2,000 IN FREE EMAIL MARKETING SOFTWARE!

(...) That's nice... but has nothing to do with what I said. The lugnet.robotics group can be obtained via email if that's your preferred interface. What I am asking is whether it makes sense to sever the link between an external mailing list and (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: >>15.2 MILLION EMAIL ADDRESSES...PLUS $2,000 IN FREE EMAIL MARKETING SOFTWARE!

(...) I wonder if the mail gateway between lugnet.robotics and the robotics mailing list has outlived its usefulness? I'm not sure either way, but I think it might be worth discussing... XFUT admin.general (as a result of this post, my first to (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet listed as Open relay at ORDB.org?

I started not receiving mail from Lugnet last night yesterday too. I usually get a comfirmation email when I post NNTP, but that did not happen yesterday. I am not friends with my mail admin, so I cannot change this. -Rob "posting from the web now" (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact