 Administrative / General / 10589
Re: CLSOTW question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 14:44:33 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Jeremy Scott writes:

Also, the poll system is great and the hidden results work like a charm!!!

Actually, I thought I saw the numerical results for last week's poll before
this week's poll went up.  Maybe this was a glitch in the system, or maybe I
was hallucinating.

I like the idea of a site staying up for a set number of weeks.
Unfortunately, I think that staying up longer decreases a site's chance of
winning rather than increases it.  I, for instance, lover "Galactic Brick"
and voted for it twice.  This week, though, there is this new "Minimundo"
site that I'd never seen before and is very well done.  I might vote for
this one in part because it is new to me (I've known "Galactic Brick" for a
long time) and I was excited to see the new content.  Perhaps after seeing a
site up for several week, interest dies down as people see new sites.
For the record, I should say that I love both of these sites and am not
trying to pick on one or the other by naming them specifically.

I also like Jeremy's idea of having nominations made openly.  I know I've
sent nominations in in the past and then never seen them and I wondered what
happened to them.

Bruce