 Administrative / General / 1056
Re: Non-apperance of new newsgroups
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 04:54:44 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, lar@voyager.net (Larry Pieniazek) writes:
Todd Lehman wrote:
I seem to remember LarryP having a similar sort of trouble

Wasn't me. I've never used MSOE for news. However you seem to think I
do, you've sent poor schlubs to me in search of help with the infernal
thing at least once. :-)

Sorry about that!  I'm not sure where I got that idea, especially
considering this...  :)

   http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.admin.general:964

I think I got confused with a post Patrick Gili made back in mid-September
during the Beta testing when the ng names were changing around and Outlook
had cached a bunch of stuff and refused to see the new groups.  But that
wouldn't be the problem Linc is seeing.

BTW, I once noticed in Free Agent that a group didn't show up to it until
one hour after the group was created.  I went in by hand with 'telnet
lugnet.com 119' to verify that the proper info was getting sent back (it
was) but Free Agent wasn't asking for the right time.  I think it was a time
zone problem in converting the time to GMT.  I never figured it out
conclusively.

And of course, every time you misremember something it gets harder to
remember the correct thing, as the mental pathways get burned on
retrieval whether correct or not. :-)

I think I got it un-stuck now.  :)

--Todd