 Administrative / General / 1051
Re: Non-apperance of new newsgroups
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 18:54:53 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, linc@bulkley.net (Linc Smith) writes:
Todd Lehman wrote in message ...
When a newsreader asks the newsserver for a list of new newsgroups, the
newsreader includes a time/date, and the newsserver responds with a list
of all new groups created since then.  If the clock on your computer is
off, the list will be incorrect.

My work computer (the one not showing the *.dev group) has got the right
time and date.

I am using Outlook Express on both machines.  I will check the versions of
the at home and at work Outlook Express and post it....

Oh forget it... I should have mentioned this last week, as with any problem
like this... once you try to fix it  fixes itself :)  I am on the *.dev
group again.

I seem to remember LarryP having a similar sort of trouble (mysteriously
disappearing & reappearing group or a non-appearing new group) with MSOE
last fall.  I guess I'm not surprised, now that you mention it's MSOE that
you're running.  MSOE is the number-one cause of newsgroup woes for users of
this newsserver, and no other client even comes close.  :-(  :-(

--Todd