 Administrative / General / 1039
Re: Non-apperance of new newsgroups
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 22:19:41 GMT

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999 17:16:39 GMT, "Linc Smith"
<ldsmith@pfc.forestry.ca> wrote:

<posted instead of mailed in case anyone else can use/comment on it>

I have had this happen several times.  I new newsgroup will show up on one
of my computers, but not on another; usually only lasts a few days and
eventually the other computer will show the new news group.  Is anyone else
having this problem.  I would expect there are a lot of users that have both
a work and home system.

As of right now I am reading Lugnet.cad.dev at home, but it doesn't show up
on my work machine?

Did you force your newsreader to update the groups list?
Do you use the same newsserver ... Err, yes, of course you do. (do you
use the same port, tho?)
Emmm... No transparent proxying firewall that's acting up at work?

Anyway, HTH.

Jasper