 Administrative / General / 10545 (-10)
  Re: Polls as propaganda devices.

(...) not to mention that Hebrew isn't on that list! where did you get it from?!? :) (or I might be blind, it's early) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Polls as propaganda devices.

(...) Well, you could include a standard quote at the bottom, similar to the one at on slashdot: (URL) Don't complain about lack of options. You've got to pick a few when you do multiple choice. Those are the breaks. * Feel free to suggest poll (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Polls as propaganda devices.

Let me preface this by saying that the polling mechanism just introduced, while it has some bumps (some of which have already been fixed, like the ability to keep a poll result anonymous, e.g. the CLSotW poll results are now anonymous so everyone go (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Trouble loading ballots for some polls

I'm not sure where to post this problem report so I'll send it here. Hopefully this is close to the right place. :) Anyway, just a heads up that when trying to access the ballot pages for some (but not all polls) I get the following error message: (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Set Guide broken

Use (URL) in Communicator, search on any set. Click on the pic to bring up the fullsize version of the Set Guide, you get a 430 Not Found. Looking at the source for 4558: <TABLE BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=0 CELLSPACING=0><TR><TD ALIGN=RIGHT> <A (...) (22 years ago, 13-Aug-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Fixed! ($Here's the Deal$)

(...) Yep! If I use one of the machines in our house and switch the Russian localisation on (we actually have one that has it installed, we installed it for Yulia when she first got here and was sending a lot of notes back home in Cyrillic), and (...) (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Fixed! ($Here's the Deal$)

(...) One reason to use Word instead of Notepad is spell checking. The choice of font has nothing to do with the character codes, and does not affect the keyboard character map. Even if you compose the message entirely using the newsreader or the (...) (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

This is skating dangerously close to LUGNET's policy on profanity... (...) (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Going out of town.

FYI: I'm about to leave SC for MA, where my access to, and time for, LUGNET will be limited. I'll be back in exactly one week. You can still send concerns to admin@lugnet.com and one of us will help you. -Suz (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Fixed! ($Here's the Deal$)

Cary Clark wrote: <SNIPPER!> (...) Actually, it is somewhat simple. Unless Richard uses a totally bizarre System Font, all he needs to do is compose in Notepad instead of Word (honestly, who would waste the overhead of Word on NG posts when any (...) (22 years ago, 10-Aug-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact