 Administrative / General / 1048
Re: News-by-Mail digests
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 13:16:04 GMT

On Thu, 11 Feb 1999 08:58:52 GMT, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman)
wrote:

... But how would people reply to messages?  Well, I can only think of
one good way:  Direct them to the web page.  And this could be accomplished
very easily by including a line like

in the header of each message in the digest.  If the digests are sent as
plain text, then the URL will be clickable; if the digests are sent as MIME
messages, then the URL will probably be hidden since X-Message-Archive is a
nonstandard header.  But the URL could also be placed below the message
header and before the body of the message.

That sounds like a reasonably good idea.  I think most digest-ers are
more read-oriented than write-oriented, so making it slightly harder to
reply shouldn't be that big of a deal.  I think.

Steve