 Administrative / General / 10337
Re: Crossposting FAQ, why, when and how to crosspost
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 17:10:12 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> writes:

What do others think?

I think your FAQ draft is very nicely done.  But do you think anybody
will read it?  After some years of experience with various "message
boards", I don't think most people read FAQs.  I think they learn by
doing (wrong).

I also think that people should not expect the community to be friendly
all around.  Anybody who participate in a discussion forum need to have
a somewhat thick skin.  Otherwise, I think they are going to be put off
sooner or later anyway.

Fredrik