 Administrative / General / 10332
    Re: Crossposting FAQ, why, when and how to crosspost —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Well since my post was trying to explain a number of terms, including crossposting, taking the term out of the title pretty much undercuts that. (...) Maybe it should be, just a bit. If there is a behaviour that EVERYONE agrees is wrong (for (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Crossposting FAQ, why, when and how to crosspost —Cary Clark
     (sent back to lugnet.faq, since I'm dealing only with micro-issues, not meta ones) (...) The title has the word 'crossposting' in it now. ... I also added a paragraph discouraging cut-n-paste. (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.faq)

        Re: Crossposting FAQ, why, when and how to crosspost —Fredrik Glöckner
   (...) I think your FAQ draft is very nicely done. But do you think anybody will read it? After some years of experience with various "message boards", I don't think most people read FAQs. I think they learn by doing (wrong). I also think that people (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Crossposting FAQ, why, when and how to crosspost —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) You are correct, and what I plan to use it for in large part is to write shorter posts "after the fact" when giving guidance. Instead of explaining the whole thing all over again, I'll just say "multiple posting is not the best approach, (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Crossposting FAQ, why, when and how to crosspost —Rob Doucette
   (...) This is a restatement of a previous recommendation: (URL) think this will address the issue you raise, -Rob. (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)