 Administrative / General / 10191
  Re: Darth Joules' alias (was: Re: Won't you give me one more try?)

(...) From this post, I think it is evident that it is indeed a pseudomyn (URL) more, he was told to post using his real name, changed and has reverted to the pseudonym. Definitely worth noting. -Duane (23 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Darth Joules' alias (was: Re: Won't you give me one more try?)

Dosent this mean that is real name is clearly understood. He has given it out freely on Lugnet, and therefore under the TOS is allowed to post using an alias Excerpt of the relevant section: unless your real name and identity is clearly understood, (...) (23 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Darth Joules' alias (was: Re: Won't you give me one more try?)

(...) I noticed this as well. In the thread based on his original (first time to LUGNET) posting, it was pointed out to him the problem about a screen name vs. a real name. He dealt with it quickly and graciously. His real name, for all intents and (...) (23 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Darth Joules' alias (was: Re: Won't you give me one more try?)

(...) now there is little doubt. ;) Now that we know that he is breaking the ToS, we have to consider if it is worth bothering about (I can’t say I care). Given that he has two accounts here (one with his apparent real name and the other with his (...) (23 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Darth Joules' alias (was: Re: Won't you give me one more try?)

(...) Scott, Duane -- Thanks for the links and history... Yes, this is fairly easy to rectify. Some wires got crossed in the userinfo database (due to human error, my fault, sometime last August and not noticed until recently). Once in a blue moon, (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Darth Joules' alias (was: Re: Won't you give me one more try?)

(...) <snip> (...) Todd, Thanks for the explanation and quick fix. -Duane (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)