 Administrative / General / 1013
Re: Don't steal things from other web sites
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 23:33:07 GMT

On Sat, 6 Feb 1999 10:38:50 GMT, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) writes:
In lugnet.starwars, eric@nospam.thirteen.net (Lorbaat) writes:
I can't personally vouch for the veracity of these descriptions, but I found
them on www.starwarz.com, one of the many sites that has feelers all around for
any Star Wars news.  The person who wrote them claims to have seen them at a
toy fair- well, the Olympia '99 Trade Fair in the UK, to be precise.  Look
around as I might, though, I couldn't find any photos...

+++Begin blatant stealing of Material+++

You said that you were blatantly stealing material from another website.
This is a violation of the Terms of Use for this Internet site.
Please review <http://www.lugnet.com/terms/> in detail.

Yikes!
Todd, this seems to be saying that no one could in any way quote any
information from any source without explicit permission (with a few
exceptions).

I have seen many instances of people quoting news information that would,
stricly speaking, be prohibited here.

Does it make it more wrong in this instance because of that " +++Begin blatant
stealing of Material+++" disclaimer? That seems to be an intentional attempt at
humor.

He did give the URL of the sources of this info.  And all he did was quote
something in its entirety.   Each section was clearly delineated and reference
was made to its origin.  Should he have re-written it in his own words, or
paraphrased it?

-- Terry K --