 Administrative / General / 10025 (-10)
  Still no Membrship pack/ password

Dear Suz et al, I have been waiting ever so patiently. I would like to make another $10 contribution to Lugnet, but it seems to me that I should hold off until I can at least see what my first $10 (that I sent last January) got me besides posting (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Broken FTX linking?

(...) ...and your browser is configured to open your news client when receiving a "news:" URL. In IE, choose Tools | Internet Options, choose the "Programs" tab, and select your news client in the "Newsgroups" field. ROSCO (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Broken FTX linking?

(...) For me (On IE 5.00), it attempts to open a newsreader, and resolve the group from the name list available from my news server. This fails, because I'm at work, and default to internal NNTP servers, which don't port through usenet groups. (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Broken FTX linking?

The FAQ entry: (URL) this FTX: ...favorite USENET newsgroups such as <news:rec.toys.lego>. ... I'm pretty sure this used to work. It resolves to: (URL) for me results in a 'page not found' page on IE. Other jump.cgi uses resolve fine. Cary (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Are you looking for a 1592 Town Square - Castle Scene in MIB condition?

Hi Larry, As an member of this community I would say thanks Larry !!! Keep up the good work, but if everyone every now and then made an remark, Larry wouldn't be the only one to do so. So if you're commenting Larry, look at yourself. LUGnet is (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New announce.moc group needed? (Was: Bulk Lego Auctions)

(...) Well, one thing you can do is when you DO see a MOC or other thing you like, spotlight it... (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Attack of the ABS addiction (Wal-Mart = EVIL)

snipped due to some excess vulgarity (...) well.....please don't consider my words "ready to fight" but... I feel that there are certain instances where there has been a clear violation of the TOS and it took a while for the violater to be warned of (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Attack of the ABS addiction (Wal-Mart = EVIL)

(...) Okay, how about people who simply (and perhaps naively) expect others to abide by the TOS they agreed to when joining LUGnet? Iain's and your posts were, at the very least, vulgar and innapropriate for this forum. (...) If their TOS do not (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New announce.moc group needed? (Was: Bulk Lego Auctions)

(...) perhaps we should reduce the bonus the .announce msgs get to their score? that way, "good" posts from other groups will be more likely to get to the spotlight - it's not meant to just show the recent announcements... Dan (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Words…

(...) No fighting, I haven’t even donned my flame-suit! :) I believe that I put it quite eloquently, talking about “creative anagram” usage, and “relevant content.” (...) Hey, I too agree with Tim, but I just wanted to provide context to the (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact