 Administrative / General / 10016
    Words… —Richard Noeckel
   (...) No fighting, I haven’t even donned my flame-suit! :) I believe that I put it quite eloquently, talking about “creative anagram” usage, and “relevant content.” (...) Hey, I too agree with Tim, but I just wanted to provide context to the (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

        Re: Words… —James Brown
   (...) Children are curious. I know when I (as a child) found I word I didn't know, I looked it up. All sorts of things children (IMHO) shouldn't be casually exposed to show up in any 'net search engine by inserting one or two of the words Iain used. (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Words… —Dave Johann
   Ah, well....I stayed away as long as I could, but you who what they say about opinions....everybody has one. (...) Interesting. So children use the internet unsupervised, I assume? Funny, but whenever my father let me touch any part of his gun (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Words… —James Brown
   (...) I completely agree. I don't intend to let my children access the 'net unsupervised until I'm confident they're mature enough to choose & judge their own content. But I also don't wear blinders, and I'm well aware that I am not the only access (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)