 Administrative / Financial / 71
Re: Looking good
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.finance
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 21:13:12 GMT

Suz, and anyone else reading this,

There are probably enough fans with enough different jobs that some services
and products could be greatly reduced from "normal" costs to greatly enhance
the profit margin.

For example, John (last name?) whom I met a BricksWest runs a T-shirt printing
business. I can't speak for him but their might be individuals that have
companies or pull with their employers to reduce the cost of production for
articles to sell. You mentioned a calendar. Maybe someone works for Kinkos or a
printer and can get you and Todd a reduced rate.

Certainly someone must step forward to make this offer or be in the right
businesses to make it work.

As for LEGO Direct, I have to think that they might be approachable about the
idea of producing a LUGNET set. It would probably take a while to convince
them. It seems iffy cause Brad Justus has commented in the past that LEGO works
at such large volumes that a group such as ourselves, who would like to think
of themseleves as much larger than we really are, might not have the numbers
for LEGO to be interested. After all, how many limited edition Santa Fe
Locomotives could LUGNET have sold through this web site.

I think the idea would have to be easy for LEGO and not involve a great deal of
expense on their end. I am thinking that the fulfillment might need to be taken
off their hands or something like that.

Perhaps a certain new release of a bulk piece or color might only be available
through LUGNET for an agreed upon period of time, and then volunteers would
have to fulfill the orders. Maybe a retail outlet could be the distribution
center. I am just throwing ideas out here wildly, but it might be possible with
the right combination of people and ideas.

I hope I am not wasting anyone's time here....

Todd