 Administrative / Financial / * (-20)
  Re: Community Donations

(...) Hi John & John, thank you very much for the donation, I've received two more the same day but don't know whether the donors would like being identified in public. In case that some of you wonder: LUGNET received around net Euro 2400 over the (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.finance, FTX)

  Re: What happened to the new servers?

(...) The hardware has been set up and running in a powered rack on an active Internet connection; the software is 98% installed and we had most of it running at one point, but never got the last 2% to make the switch to the new OS. One of the boxes (...) (18 years ago, 3-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: What happened to the new servers?

(...) Todd would be the one to answer this properly. I believe the hardware is set up, but not in use at present. I know the domain issue got resolved. For the switchover, we had yet to make arrangements with Rene about sending the hardware to (...) (18 years ago, 3-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: What happened to the new servers?

(...) Then I would like some clarification from someone who knows, so I X-posted to .finance. Have they or haven't they? James Wilson Lugnet member 1783 (18 years ago, 3-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: Lugnet Affiliate Partners for Online Shopping

(...) OK.. 7 months later I just tried to click on the link for eToys. It says that the target site is no longer a member of Commision Junction. Perhaps these links (at least that one) need to be reviewed for currency ? thx, Ray (20 years ago, 3-Dec-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Lugnet Affiliate Partners for Online Shopping

For those that may not be aware or have forgotten, Lugnet has formed partnerships with a long list of online websites. These Affiliates pay Lugnet when you enter their shops through the Lugnet Affiliate links and make a purchase. To make it easier (...) (20 years ago, 2-May-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: LUGNET T-Shirts

(...) see post here: (URL) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, FTX)

  Re: A Brick Apart - 10% of sales to go the Lugnet Drive for Servers

(...) Awesome! We can definitely use it -- while the servers are purchased, we want to have a fund for emergency expenses (and for planned upgrades). (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: A Brick Apart - 10% of sales to go the Lugnet Drive for Servers

Kevin Wilson wrote in message ... (...) Bricklink sales and the rest from Lions Gate Models sales). Kevin ---...--- Farmhouse kit: (URL) TOWN PLANNING information: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Guild of Bricksmiths(TM): (URL) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Lugnet Server funds drive

(...) Hey, anything is appreciated. :) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Lugnet Server funds drive

Weeeeellll, I didn't exactly get a ton of orders, the parts-only total was $8.56. So I went ahead and included sets, to get it to $22.17 (almost my entire PayPal balance right now, actually). I indirectly contributed $10 through Anne's minifig ;-) (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LUGNET server fund drive a roaring success!

(...) Warm fuzzies are good. I fully support LUGNET and all you guys do to keep it cool. Besides, I had to repay you folk for all those beautiful pink and white flower elements from a few years back. ;o) We do what we can, however small it may be. (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, FTX)

  Re: LUGNET server fund drive a roaring success!

(...) My thanks also!! You folks are awesome! I can't begin to tell you how excited I was when the aid began pouring in. Not so much by the quickly rising donation total (although that was pretty swell- especially once I realized what it would make (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, FTX)

  Re: LUGNET server fund drive a roaring success!

Yeehah! That's great news, Todd. Since you and Suzanne have logos, and LEGO company folk have a logo, I suggest you make a new logo for all those who donated. Like a gold lolipop - 'cause we're suckers for a good cause! should I have posted to (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, FTX)

  Re: LUGNET server fund drive a roaring success!

(...) done (20 years ago, 29-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: LUGNET server fund drive a roaring success!

(...) I need help. Can someone reset my password to my email address ID. thanks David Bail #154 (20 years ago, 29-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, FTX)

  Re: LUGNET server fund drive a roaring success!

(...) Great news!!! thanks to Todd and all the LUGNET's out there. David Bail (20 years ago, 29-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, FTX)

  Re: LUGNET server fund drive a roaring success!

(...) Super-cool! Great news. Everyone's behind you Todd! Have fun spending money on the fun new toys. :o) --Dave (20 years ago, 29-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, FTX)

  New LUGNET server hardware details

So, we've purchased our cool new servers, from Cambridge, MA vendor "PCs for Everyone". Todd and I and several other friends have gotten systems from them before, and have been extremely pleased -- they know their stuff, including Linux, which is (...) (20 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.org, lugnet.announce) !!

  LUGNET server fund drive a roaring success!

Update: Thanks to donations totalling over $4K from more than 150 people around the world, we not only hit our target in four short days days but exceeded it -- by a margin wide and comfortable enough to afford a superb hardware configuration and (...) (20 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.org, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact