 Administrative / Database / 87
  Re: Classification of Promo sets on Pause

(...) Disagree. IMNSHO Promotional should be a modifier of availability, not set type. Both ANWBs are Town, dunno if "general" or not, but the one with the car transporter available now is "general" I guess. (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.database)

  Classification of Promo sets on Pause

I think the classification of Promotional sets is a bit inconsistent. For example some are listed under their theme "Town, General" and some are listed under "Promotional, Something". An example of this is the 2 ANWB sets, the original one is listed (...) (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Classification of Promo sets on Pause

(...) Do they have the Town logo on them, or are they in some other identified as being part of Town? If not, they shouldn't be labeled as part of Town. Steve (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Classification of Promo sets on Pause

(...) 2140 has no "Town" label on it. But it's in a blue background box like other Town sets. I prefer to proceed the other way: 2140 says "LEGO System" on it. Therefore it is not Technic, nor Duplo, nor Primo. Given that it is "System".. is it (...) (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.database)

Carbon 60 wrote in message ... (...) What 2 sets? i'm only aware of one, the flatbed thingy. Which is the other one? (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Classification of Promo sets on Pause

(...) 1590 Breakdown Assistance, 1982 2140 Roadside Recovery and Tow Truck, 1996 Grahame Reid (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Classification of Promo sets on Pause

(...) I agree 100% that the current classifications are inconsistent, but I disagree that 1590 and 2140 should be under the one label of Promotional. Yes, whatever category they end up in, they should [almost for sure] both be in the same category, (...) (26 years ago, 3-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Classification of Promo sets on Pause

(...) Completely agreed. We don't have to follow the oficial (i.e. TLG) way. Making it in a logical way, apperantly most logical way..:-) Maybe making both at the same time (I mean official and logical classifications) is the best, by using some (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Classification of Promo sets on Pause

(...) That classification doesn't work anymore. TLG is coming out with new themes that don't fit under the big four; Aquazone was the first of these. And besides the theme classifications, there has always been Basic/Freestyle and 'unclassified'. To (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Classification of Promo sets on Pause

(...) Such as 2 or 3 years from a company called the Lego Group? Regards, Jasper (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.database)