 Administrative / Database / 93
Re: Classification of Promo sets on Pause
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Sun, 3 Jan 1999 02:23:16 GMT

"Carbon 60" <carbon60@bigfoot.com> writes:

I think the classification of Promotional sets is a bit inconsistent.
For example some are listed under their theme "Town, General" and some are
listed under "Promotional, Something".

An example of this is the 2 ANWB sets, the original one is listed under
Promotional, ANWB and the other is under Town, General when it is clearly a
Promotional set.

Others, like some soccer sets are listed under "Promotional Set"

I think all these sets should be under one label of "Promotional"

What do you think Todd?

I agree 100% that the current classifications are inconsistent, but I
disagree that 1590 and 2140 should be under the one label of Promotional.
Yes, whatever category they end up in, they should [almost for sure] both be
in the same category, but since they're both Town sets -and- promotional
sets, they should listed as -both- generic Town and "promotional" (or a
special ANWB subcategory of "promotional").

Now, whether the soccer sets are part of Town or not can be the subject of a
debate later.  (Don't worry -- we'll be able to assign a percentage to the
relationship -- 20% or 50% or 90% or whatever.)  But certainly, at the very
least, the soccer sets belong in a subcategory of the main "promotional"
category, where the top-level label of the promotional hierarchy is
consistent (as you point out, it isn't currently).

More details on themeage revamping in a couple days...

--Todd