 Administrative / Database / 90
Re: Classification of Promo sets on Pause
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 17:47:23 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

On Sat, 2 Jan 1999 04:17:47 GMT, Larry Pieniazek
<lpien@ctp.IWANTNOSPAM.com> wrote:

Carbon 60 wrote:

I think the classification of Promotional sets is a bit inconsistent.
For example some are listed under their theme "Town, General" and some are
listed under "Promotional, Something".

An example of this is the 2 ANWB sets, the original one is listed under
Promotional, ANWB and the other is under Town, General when it is clearly a
Promotional set.

Others, like some soccer sets are listed under "Promotional Set"

I think all these sets should be under one label of "Promotional"

What do you think Todd?

Carbon 60

Disagree. IMNSHO Promotional should be a modifier of availability, not
set type. Both ANWBs are Town, dunno if "general" or not, but the one
with the car transporter available now is "general" I guess.

Do they have the Town logo on them, or are they in some other identified
as being part of Town?  If not, they shouldn't be labeled as part of
Town.

Steve

2140 has no "Town" label on it. But it's in a blue background box like
other Town sets.

I prefer to proceed the other way:

2140 says "LEGO System" on it. Therefore it is not Technic, nor Duplo,
nor Primo.
Given that it is "System".. is it Space? No. Castle? No. Pirate? No.
Aquazone? No.  Therefore it must be Town.

I would prefer to classify sets in a logical manner, not be enslaved to
whether Lego put "Town" on the box. This clearly is a town set by the
subject matter.

Would you argue that 6397 is not Town? It has a blue background box but
no Town markings.
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.