 Administrative / Database / 814
  QuickSet utility working OK for everyone?

Hiya, How's LUGNET's little QuickSet utility working out for everyone? Good? Bad? So-so? What in tarnation is it? Bueller? According to server logs, the main (big, full-page) DB search box gets used about 15 times as often to look up sets. The logs (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.general)

  Re: QuickSet utility working OK for everyone?

(...) Works great for me. I use it much as you do. I use it for a first referance and if I need more info I go to the big one. (...) Great stuff but I will say that many LUGNET "Features" such as Quickset, FTX, and Mosaic Maker are not as easily (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: QuickSet utility working OK for everyone?

(...) Great! That's how it's intended to work. :) (...) Hmm, there are actually two QuickSet links on the homepage, and a third way to activate it via the search form. Maybe it's obscured by its sounding a bit like some kind of liquid glue. :) BTW, (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: QuickSet utility working OK for everyone?

(...) The selection "LEGO Set Reference (Popup)" on top of the screen is in my opinion a great improvement for the usage of the QuickSet. Previously, the thing that happened most often was that I was reading an article and was interested in which (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: QuickSet utility working OK for everyone?

(...) I've still got the problem that the QuickSet windows get reused by the OS whenever an app launches a webpage. For example, I opened up the QuickSet(minimal) window, did a couple of searches, and left all the result windows open. Then, in my (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: QuickSet utility working OK for everyone?

I for one have really just never seen an advantage to the small version. Others may like it, and it is a cool concept, but I prefer the full size browser window. The mini-windows just seem to get lost in the crowd. Of course, I have a 19" monitor (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: QuickSet utility working OK for everyone?

(...) I personally prefer the other interface. I can't access QuickSet mainly for two reasons: 1. I have Javascript turned off. 2. I hate Javascript. :-, Cheers, - jsproat (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.database)