 Administrative / Database / 817
Re: QuickSet utility working OK for everyone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 12:08:38 GMT

In lugnet.admin.database, Todd Lehman writes:
Hiya,

How's LUGNET's little QuickSet utility working out for everyone?  Good?
Bad?  So-so?  What in tarnation is it?  Bueller?

According to server logs, the main (big, full-page) DB search box gets used
about 15 times as often to look up sets.

The logs don't tell me, of course, if this is because people simply don't
know about the little version of the DB or whether they prefer the big one
and choose not to use the little one, but in any case the ratio is profound.
I use the little one all the time for most things, and then go from there
into the big one if I need to see more.

Here's the main launch page:

  http://www.lugnet.com/quickset/

And it can also be reached from most other regular pages using the search box
at the top and selecting "LEGO Set Reference (Popup)".

--Todd

The selection "LEGO Set Reference (Popup)" on top of the screen is in my
opinion a great improvement for the usage of the QuickSet. Previously, the
thing that happened most often was that I was reading an article and was
interested in which set people was talking about. Then I opened www.lugnet.com
in a new window and typed in the wanted set in the search box (so without
opening the QuickSet).

Now I usually type in the number on top of the page and click on the Popup
option when I'm reading an article. This has increased my usage of QuickSet a
lot.

For me the advantage of Quickset over the old large page is that you can look
at the set image and read (at least a part of) the article at the same time and
don't have to change between windows continuously.

Greetings,

Sybrand Bonsma