 Administrative / Database / 818
Re: QuickSet utility working OK for everyone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 13:20:18 GMT

In lugnet.admin.database, Todd Lehman wrote:

How's LUGNET's little QuickSet utility working out for everyone?  Good?
Bad?  So-so?  What in tarnation is it?  Bueller?

I've still got the problem that the QuickSet windows get reused by the OS
whenever an app launches a webpage.  For example, I opened up the
QuickSet(minimal) window, did a couple of searches, and left all the result
windows open.  Then, in my newsreader (Forte Agent), I went to a different
message (Sybrand's, in this same thread), and followed his link to
www.lugnet.com.  The LUGNET homepage came up in one of the QuickSet result
windows.  I'm using IE5.0 for the browser.

I'm not sure that there's anything you can do about this -- it might just
be the way IE works. :/

Steve