 Administrative / Database / 551
Re: Data Base Updates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 02:21:16 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote in message ...
In lugnet.admin.database, Frank Filz writes:
6093 Flying Ninja Fortress, 687 pcs (box (c) 1998 4111748)

Could you confirm (double-check) that it actually is 687 according to the • box,
and not 688?  (My old data for this set from Jeff S said 688.  Might've
originated originally from a catalog, but the box is more official.)

Definitely 687 on two boxes.

1194 Classic Building Table Set, 400 pcs (box), 2 figs

Any other info on this one?  (year, theme/category, price?)

Price is $19.95 or $19.99 (should have written it down when I saw it in the
store today, I can't find the "value pack" label). I did find the box
bottom. Copyright 1999. Theme is Classic. The table is the same style as set
4217, but it is packaged in a box which is longer than the table, with the
parts beside the table.

I may have to dig around for some of these, so the weekend would be the
earliest I could get to them. From your notes on 3017 and 3019, it looks
like you prefer a scan of the front page of the instructions?

Yes, currently that's the desired "best" and cleanest photo for a set (for
sets that have instructions) but ultimately the DB will also support scans
of alternative models from the boxes, and alternative views from snippets
of catalogs, etc...so that people can view each set multiple ways.

Scans of the cover of the instructions will definitely be easier to come by,
though for the Classic sets, I may need to take pictures of the boxes since
they don't have instructions per se.

Frank