 Administrative / Database / 541
Re: Data Base Updates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 03:26:44 GMT

In lugnet.admin.database, Frank Filz writes:
6093 Flying Ninja Fortress, 687 pcs (box (c) 1998 4111748)

Could you confirm (double-check) that it actually is 687 according to the box,
and not 688?  (My old data for this set from Jeff S said 688.  Might've
originated originally from a catalog, but the box is more official.)

6563 Gator Landing (here's another probably useless data point, I could have
sworn that the copy I saw in a store was in the Outback theme, but I don't
have a box in hand, and the instructions I have don't have the outback theme
logo in the little triangle)

But Outback wasn't released until 1997 and Gator Landing is a 1996 set, so
it does kinda match up.  Maybe you saw 6490 and remembered 6563?

1060 {Road plates & trees}, 30 pcs (piece count) seen in 1986/1987 Dacta

If this is the same 1060 set that I have, then it actually has 36 pieces --
it's got 12 trees (6 each of two types), 6 gray 4x4 plates, 6 roadplates
(3 different types), and 12 road signs.  Is that what you saw?

1194 Classic Building Table Set, 400 pcs (box), 2 figs

Any other info on this one?  (year, theme/category, price?)

9301 Traffic Signs, this Dacta set contained 4 6427 poly bags, cross
reference might be worthwhile

Do you mean that it actually contained 4 copies of a bag that was labeled
"6427"?  Or that it was equivalent to 4 copies of 6427

3017 ninja raft, 24 pcs (US polybag), do you still want better scan?
3019 ninja flyer, 22 pcs (US polybag), do you still want better scan?

No, but thanks for asking.  Looks like the note there was referring to an old
obsolete early quick-scan of the set.

Looking over my list, I can supply pictures for:

4288, 4135, 4158, 1060, 1194, 633, 5320, 3017, 3019

I may have to dig around for some of these, so the weekend would be the
earliest I could get to them. From your notes on 3017 and 3019, it looks
like you prefer a scan of the front page of the instructions?

Yes, currently that's the desired "best" and cleanest photo for a set (for
sets that have instructions) but ultimately the DB will also support scans
of alternative models from the boxes, and alternative views from snippets
of catalogs, etc...so that people can view each set multiple ways.

I also need to look through the rest of my sets and see if I can supply any
more images, is there an easy way to get a list of sets which need images?

There's a column in the listings here

   http://www.lugnet.com/pause/lists.html

which shows Y or N telling whether or not there's an image.  Although it
doesn't codify the quality of the image, it's better than nothing.  If you
have a spreadsheet app, it oughta just import a cpoy of that file pretty
easily and then you can sort on that column and see which holes you could
help "plug."

Thanks,
--Todd