 Administrative / Database / 472
  Pause Set Lists

Todd, Are the Pause set lists coming from your database now? If so, can you add the index key that you use to the comma delimited files? I download the Pause set list and then use it to update a database that I use to track which sets I have and (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Pause Set Lists

(...) I do this too, to keep track of information like what sets I have, what I paid for them, what I have instructions for, and what's missing pieces. (I also split Theme and Subtheme so it's easier to filter on a whole theme.) I keep it in Excel, (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Pause Set Lists

I do mine a little differently. I just take the Pause list, print it and then do a line by line compare with the Access database that I use and type the additions in manually. But I don't do it weekly, I do it about once a quarter. There are several (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Pause Set Lists

Wow, manual updates sound even more painful and error-prone than my procedure. There are 3000+ lines in that thing, I can't imagine checking every line for changes in theme, piece count and whatnot. I see what you mean, that the linking is what (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.database)