 Administrative / Database / 414
Re: Castle missing from database
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 21:48:02 GMT

I'd like to put the scans on my site if you don't mind.

KL

John DiRienzo wrote:

Kevin Loch wrote in message <37BF731D.7653@NOSPMkl.net>...
Actually, upon closer inspection, could it be a store display catalog?
The dimensions would only be useful
to a store planning a display.

KL

   Kevin,
   Your suggestion made me think a little more, and upon further discussion,
it is beginning to appear that you are right!  From the latest
conversations, we have concluded that it is very possible that these models
were available from TLG for displays.  Not only that, but Gary Istok has one
of the buildings that was used as a display which is pictured in this
brochure (and later in some idea books).  So, our latest guess is that the
brochure was mailed to stores, and stores could buy these (prebuilt) models
for displays in their stores.  My first guess that this was a consumer
catalog seems to be wrong, but not too far off, either.  I guess this does
not belong in this newsgroup anymore, but I am not sure where it should go.

--
   Have fun!
   John
Kevin Loch wrote:

That looks alot like a catalog to me.

KL

John DiRienzo wrote:

   After checking this out a little further, I found out this was just • an
idea for a model, not an actual set.  Its very strange that there is a
number by the model (which appears to be a set number, but is not).  I • will
probably scan this and post it on my site soon, so you can see it.  Its
interesting, anyway.