 Administrative / Database / 181
  Set Inventories - Multi-piece Parts

[I'm posting to lugnet.admin.database, because I didn't want to clutter lugnet.db.inv with discussion posts] How do most people handle parts with multiple pieces when inventorying sets? Examples are: - Minifigs or - Minifig Legs & Hips - Wheels - (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Set Inventories - Multi-piece Parts

[Rambling, unorganized discourse alert:] I originally started doing inventories because I pretty much throw all my parts into common parts bins and I thought one day I would like to reconstitute a particular set. To that end, I try to describe each (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Set Inventories - Multi-piece Parts

I count minifigs as 1-piece things, and use this format to describe them: "Minifig with Red Legs, Black Hips, Red Arms, Black Hands and Diver Suit Patterned Red Torso, with Glasses and Headset Patterned Male Head" But I've seen that this is not so (...) (25 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Set Inventories - Multi-piece Parts

(...) Since inventories are typically written with one line per item, in a fixed column format, the approach you describe also achieves the coveted "doesn't fit in the given space" award. ;) I suppose it is helpful to remember that no single (...) (25 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Set Inventories - Multi-piece Parts

Steve Bliss (blisses@worldnet.att.net) wrote: : On Thu, 18 Mar 1999 07:48:42 GMT, "Selçuk <teyyareci>" : <sgore@nospam.superonline.com> wrote: : >I count minifigs as 1-piece things, and use this format to describe them: : > : >"Minifig with Red (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.database)