 Administrative / Database / 309
Re: Set Inventories - Multi-piece Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 21:39:32 GMT

Steve Bliss (blisses@worldnet.att.net) wrote:
: On Thu, 18 Mar 1999 07:48:42 GMT, "Selçuk <teyyareci>"
: <sgore@nospam.superonline.com> wrote:

: >I count minifigs as 1-piece things, and use this format to describe them:
: >
: >"Minifig with Red Legs, Black Hips, Red Arms, Black Hands and Diver Suit
: >Patterned Red Torso, with Glasses and Headset Patterned Male Head"
: >
: >But I've seen that this is not so helpful for you, since it achieves both
: >"long" and "complex" at the same time..:-)

: Since inventories are typically written with one line per item, in a fixed
: column format, the approach you describe also achieves the coveted "doesn't fit
: in the given space" award. ;)

If you lookat Margo Kubiak's listings, she lists heads, torsos and legs
seperately, and then subtracts the number of heads from the total.

-Bill