 Administrative / Database / 1061
Re: newsgroups search modifiers ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 02:53:09 GMT

In lugnet.admin.database, Ray Sanders writes:
Todd,

Is there a page that explains/defines what are the valid modifiers to a
newsgroup search request ? I seem to recall a message that you posted right
after the big newsgroups search engine downtime which showed some examples
(such as how to target a search to a particular relative date). I tried that,
but don't see any effect on the search results. My searches always seem to
return the oldest items first, which is a pain if I get a large number of hits
and what I'm looking for is more recent.

Ray

http://www.lugnet.com/help/search/news/

If you saw this and it doesn't help, Todd should answer your question soon.

-Suz