 Administrative / Database / 1085
Re: newsgroups search modifiers ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 01:00:49 GMT

In lugnet.admin.database, Todd Lehman writes:
My searches always seem to return
the oldest items first, which is a pain if I get a large number of hits
and what I'm looking for is more recent.

If it's really returning oldest items first, you might be asking it to
look too far back in time (like 2-3 years).  By default it returns items
based on relevance only (no chronological considerations).  I'll probably
put it back the way it was before where by default it returned items based
on a fuzzy combination of relevance and recentness.

Did that last night; forgot to post about it this morning.

--Todd