 Administrative / Curators / 591
Re: Co-curator update needed?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2007 19:00:32 GMT

On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 06:37:03PM +0000, Bob Parker wrote:
That actually clears things up nicely.  I would assume that Rene could
be looked upon as a Mod in addition to being a 'Capitalized A' Admin.
Are there others with Moderation powers?  Or is it a secret? ;-) (1)

Well, technically, there are no moderators in LUGNET.  The only power
admins have is to cancel posts (which is almost never done) or "murfle"
them (which has been done twice, I think?).

LUGNET is a web interface to newsgroups - so it isn't set up to allow
editing of posts, or moving of threads, or any of the usual capabilities
"forum" people expect.

Of course, René might have all sorts of plans to change any of the
above...  So take my word with a grain of salt.

Dan

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com