 Administrative / Curators / 592
Re: Technic sidebar thingie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2007 22:42:42 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

This is directed to all people who would like to see sanctions against Ross.

In lugnet.admin.general, Ross Crawford wrote:
No, it bothers me because (as happened in this case) an email to the Lugnet
admins does not reach ALL Lugnet admins, and one of the admins that was
"out of the loop" reverted my changes.

It seems that NONE of the admins received your e-mail, because the
implication I've been reading is that NONE of them would have told you to go
ahead.

Well, that's even worse, and should be fixed.

I am so sorry that I haven't received Ross' and Eric's emails regarding this
matter (both sent before Bob's posting), because if I would have received one of
them or both, things would probably never happened. That bites!

Would you do it again? Can you acknowledge that you made a mistake?

No, it is unlikely I would ever do it again.

I will take him at his word and expect that other curators also wouldn't show
similar behaviour. This is a forcing request.

I will not take further actions against Ross, as I'm sure that it was a bitter
lesson of experience for him, just like it teached me a lesson on how to react
better; and hopefully also was a solemn warning towards Erik not to play with
light-minded legal actions.

It's utterly out of the question that I change my mind regarding _THIS_ issue,
irrespective of the number of claims for rigorous measures against Ross which
have instanced and may follow. Should it be a reason for somebody to leave
LUGNET - that would be sad. If I change my mind now, it would cause other people
to leave, that would be sad too. Next time I will be more strict (as I said:
I've learned my lesson too), but even this might cause people to leave. Oh
well...

BTB,
René