 Administrative / Curators / 583
Re: Co-curator update needed?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2007 17:12:26 GMT

In lugnet.admin.curators, Bob Parker wrote:
   However, his current presence at Lugnet is in some measure of disagreement. Exactly what is the role of a co-curator? Is it like a Mod?

Nope! From the admin.curators sidebar:

“NOTE: Curators are not moderators.”

It might be nice to make a little summary of curator duties and put it up a bit more prominantly on the page. Hm...

   The larger question I guess is should a co-curator be active on the site, i.e. be reading the newsgroup that he or she is co-curating or is it not necessary?

I don’t think it’s necessary, but it’s preferred. The curator maintains the content of the sidebar of a particular Lugnet group and makes it interesting. So, for (say) the lugnet.galidor group, you’ll see that there’s not much there. Just a link to all the Galidor sets. But for, say, lugnet.trains, there’s a lot more stuff!

If a curator decides to keep his sidebar area more timely, they can put in recent MOCs that are relevant, interesting posts, or links to related content outside the Lego universe. But if they do so, it’s a good idea to stay active.

If a curator isn’t actively updating the content of the sidebar, that’s probably fine for the most part. But it’s another story if people start asking for updates and they don’t happen. I’d be of the mind to say that if it starts happening a lot, maybe there’d be a call out to volunteers to take over the position. Maybe even such a call from the existing curator.

In the case of off-topic, it’s kind of just silly. I don’t think overly serious and up-to-date content is needed for the off-topic area.

DaveE