 Administrative / Curators / 399
Re: lugnet.market newsgroup not working?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 05:15:55 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Paul Ferguson wrote:

My apologies.  I'm apparently referring to this thing by the wrong
terminology, in using the word "newsgroup."  What I'm talking about here is
the page I see with a web browser at http://news.lugnet.com/market/

When the URL refers to the page for a specific real group, I tend to call it
the "front page" (and it's the thing that curators for specific groups or
groups of groups tend to modify most... so (as an admin for curators) I need
to use a term for it a lot more often than most people do... if someone has a
better term for it I'd love to hear about it!)

I agree that in this case since there is no lugnet.market newsgroup, this
page isn't the front page for a group, but the term might still colloquially
work anyway, it's the front page for a 'category' if you like.

Kevin Salm is the curator for the entire lugnet.market hierarchy, so this is
a page he does maintenance on, I believe.

Yeah, I guess I do.  Well, I would if I had any ideas of what to put there.  If
anyone has any ideas, I would be happy to hear them and make use of them.  There
must be something good that can go there or on any of the other .market pages.
Honestly, I haven't made any changes to any of the pages for at least six
months.  A fresh look may be in order.

__Kevin Salm__
curator, Lugnet Marketplace newsgroups