 Administrative / Curators / 332 (-10)
  Re: A Change

(...) Mmm, nice idea. (...) Mmm, essentially pre-authentication tokening...hjmmmm. --Todd (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: A Change

(...) Nope, it didn't get ignored! I saw your poat, and I've been pondering it. (...) I agree...good suggestion. We've been promising to someday have a drop-down list box for on-the-fly selection of alternate e-mail addresses for a couple years now, (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: A Change

(...) That's probably not true. It just takes a while to get *responded to*. (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: A Change

(...) in 2001 and simply didn't have internet access. I've been on and off for about a year myself. I've been unable to login for so long now, that I've forgotten if things actually were better. (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: A Change

(...) Even members get the verification when using a newsreader The web interface has several drawbacks : - It's harder to search for things compared to a regular news reader (I store all messages I retrieve local for reference) - I need to be (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: A Change

(...) Such a system is in place. It's commonly referred to as the web interface. (...) Yet another reason to use the web interface. (...) What turned me off from newsreaders was the inability to track threads that cross from one newsgroup to (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: A Change

(...) I've always kind of thought this was a bit harsh as well-- My own preference would be either more automated and/or voluntary. Effectively, a voluntary system would entail the default to be 'on', and if you want to turn off authentication, (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: A Change

(...) I also like the fact that the parent group lists all the messages to it's child groups. My newsgroup program doesn't do that. -Orion (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: A Change

(...) Yessssssss, an edit function would be so very useful! --==Richard==-- (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: A Change

(...) The ruling elite eh! The oppression by the bourgeois will be over come by the new-unity & cooperation of the proletarian under-class! But seriously, a good majority of the readership on Lugnet are those who DON'T post and thus _their voices_ (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact