 Administrative / Curators / 221
Re: Have a curator for robotics/rcx/legos ? and...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 10:39:42 GMT

Stephen,

In lugnet.admin.curators, Stephen M. Moraco writes:
Admins,

Our info at legOS could use some "tuning".  Who's our
curator (I'm assumming that's who would do this)?

If we don't have one I'd like to volunteer. I'm the current
release manager for legOS/brickOS.

I'd gladly second that (self-)nomination!

Which brings up the next subject.  Our name has changed
from legOS to brickOS (to get distance from Lego Company
trademarks.)

Our users are asking when the lugnet group will also change
names.  Where should this be discussed and what are our options
(keeping content/history under new name, etc.)?

I would consider keeping the old group and creating a new one for brickOS.
My main reasoning is that there are sure to be queries about previous
releases of legOS for quite some time, and I'd rather see these separate. As
long as the main legOS page & charter were amended to point out that posts
relating to newer versions (brickOS) should be in the other group.

It'd probably also be easier from an admin (Lugnet) point of view.

But feel free to point out flaws in my reasoning!

ROSCO

cross-posted: .r.r.legos