  Search Results: fred
 Results 1641 – 1660 of 1884.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Building a peripheral bus from motor output

Hi all, I recently read an excellent paper by Fred Martin (of MIT fame) on building toys in a modular fashion. His microcontroller was similar to the RCX but had one key addition - a two wire serial bus so that active peripherals could be attached (...) (23 years ago, 25-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics)

fred
(score: 0.787)

  Re: Question for model RR gurus

(...) I think there are a few reasons. One thing is that while in many places in real life, everything is manual, in other places it isn't. Mailine turnouts these days are probably remotely controlled (that's what an interlocking tower does for one (...) (23 years ago, 18-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

fred
(score: 0.787)

  re: Brainstorms

Thanks Stef Mientki for pointing me to this great thread you guys have going. People may wish to take a look at the Cricket work I've been doing the last five years. The Cricket system a modular brain & sensors & actuators construction kit along the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)

fred
(score: 0.786)

  Re: Over Charging

When the batteries are really run down, they can draw too much current through the on-board charging circuit. (I'm assuming you are plugging adapters directly to the HBs, rather than going through the serial interface/phone line charge ckt.) About 6 (...) (22 years ago, 3-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.784)

  lcd page zero driver and interrupts

I am prototyping an interrupt driven system on the Handy Board in assembly language. I want to use the onboard LCD and have implemented a page zero driver as described beginning on page 356 of Robotic Explorations, by Fred Martin. The LCD driver (...) (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.784)

  Re: War

(...) <snip first two parts of rebuttal> (...) No, it is in fact quite important, else you leave things hanging and you leave things open to the chattering classes claiming that 911 was our fault, for example. Let's try an analogy. Suppose Fred (...) (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

fred
(score: 0.783)

  Re: War

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GKKrsr.651@lugnet.com... (...) Except no one is talking about x-box'es and no one expects the state to provide x-boxes on welfare. But had Fred Bloggs Jr been hungry because of the (...) (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

fred
(score: 0.783)

  Knight and Wolf Mega Bloks MECHA

I saw the Knight and Wolf Giant Blok Bot set at my local Fred Meyer last night for $19.99. The color scheme is pretty cool, with silver and blue. The blokifig is pretty cool, too. He has a blue chestplate and silver arms, legs, and helmet. He has a (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

fred
(score: 0.783)

  Re: Castle World - The Isle of Mist

(...) No prob! (...) There ya go! Maybe Fred has relation...:-) -Chris (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

fred
(score: 0.783)

  RE: Help needed

Thank you for your reply, Fred. We finally solved the problems we had. We can not make the downloader program work with Windows operating system (I have Windows 2000 running on my computer). All we have done is going to MS-DOS prompt, type "dl (...) (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.781)

  Re: Handyboards for Dummies, etc.

A case as you describe it would be nice. To me it's largely a cost issue. Custom plastic is expensive to set up -- thousands of dollars for an injection mold. Anyone care to open-source a design? That would be a start :-). Fred (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.781)

  Re: Handyboard and 1400 mAh NiMH battery

Hey -- I like your device. That's a nice addition to the HB. I would like if you would modify your assertion "However these days NiCd battery are hard to find and not very effecient" (sic). This is not true. Despite the technical superiority of (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.781)

  Speach expansion board

Hi all, I have designed and built an expansion board that allows for up to 8 servos and adds speach to the handyboard. I am principly an electronics person and only a beginner at programing. I intend to make these boards availible to the public, but (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.781)

  Re: More Battery Questions

Replacement battery options are listed on the HB FAQ, at: (URL) don't you get the 1000 mAh packs from Radio Shack? That would give you 2x the run time of the 500 mAh packs. Take longer to charge, but would require no other board mods. Fred (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.781)

  Re: Bendible Objects?

Thanks, Fred! That was fast! :-o Putting .emacs in C:\ fixed the problem (I even see the font in colors :-)). Now onto bending a piece of straw/hose from my Mindstorms Vision Command Set! BTW: d'you have any idea on how long (ldraw units) this part (...) (23 years ago, 18-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

fred
(score: 0.781)

  Re: Building Fences

Fred: (...) horses or cattle. Jacob (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.town)

fred
(score: 0.780)

  Re: Fred Meyer and ShopKo Clearance Sales

Is only Fred Meyer doing this because in the Pheonix area all our Fred Meyers were replaced with Fry's Marketplace and they don't have any clearences. I went to the Fred Meyer web site and the store locator directed me to all the Frys. Does only (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

fred
(score: 0.780)

  Re: IR port

Am Sonntag 11 November 2001 22:04 schrieb Fred G. Martin: (...) Aaahhh, 6.81K gives me 43kHz - I think I will have a look at some higher values. I did not know that the HC132 could be that much of a difference! Big THX! Chris (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.780)

  Re: Top 10 posters in lugnet.cad.dev

(...) no page that I know of, but here's the current snapshot (as of last night, actually). Write to me if you want the full report, not just the top 10 :) (disclaimer - quick script, not really tested). in lugnet.cad, 6566 posts, 507 posters. Steve (...) (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

fred
(score: 0.780)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) Perhaps whoever the curator for lugnet.newbie is could go through some of the posts there and put together a faq on the topic. General netiquette is a starting point but Things Are Different Here(tm), at least a little bit. (...) I don't think (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

fred
(score: 0.780)

More:  Next Page >>