 Robotics / Handy Board / 8492
RE: Help needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 19:41:06 GMT

Thank you for your reply, Fred.

We finally solved the problems we had.
We can not make the downloader program work
with Windows operating system (I have
Windows 2000 running on my computer).

All we have done is going to MS-DOS prompt,
type "dl pcode_hb.s19", then it worked.
And now we can run IC.

The Handy Board Technical Reference says that
hbdl is recommended for Windows 3.1, or Windows
95. I'm not sure if it has been tested on
Windows 2000.

Thank you!

Yuwei

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred G. Martin [mailto:fredm@alum.mit.edu]
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 2:32 PM
To: Yuwei Liao
Cc: Fred G. Martin; lugnet.robotics.handyboard@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Help needed

Hi Yuwei,

it sounds like you might be having problems with your serial port.
Would you try the getting started debug instructions at :

http://handyboard.com/faq/winindex.html

and let us know how that goes.

Fred

On Monday, October 29, 2001, at 10:11 AM, Yuwei Liao wrote:

Hello,

We are using Handy Board for the first time.
We first charged the Handy Board.  Then we
tried to download the file pcode_hb.s19.

The problems we are having are:

1.  We had downloaded the file once, but at the
     end of the process, we saw an error message.

2.  Now when we turn on the Handy Board, all we
    see is a row of black squares on the top line of
    the LCD screen.

3.  We tried to download again, we first put the
    Handy Board into its bootstrap download mode
    by first turning the board off, and then turning it
    on while holding down the STOP button. The two
    LED lighted for a very short time and both turned
   off. Then we run the download program hbdl, it always
   said "wrong port or board mode". And at the same
   time this message showed, the GREEN light turned
   on, no longer in the download mode.

Thank you for your help!

Yuwei