 Robotics / Handy Board / 8493
8492  |  8494
Subject:
Optical mouse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 19:23:31 GMT

I want to interface an optical mouse with the Handyboard for positioning
purposes. What is the best and the easiest way to do that! The oprical mouse
that I have has USB nad ps/2 port.

Q1: Do I use the handyboard's (serial interface and Battery charger). and
what are thr step to do that?

Q2: Can I just use the RJ11 (through phone cable) to do that. I mean to
strip the wires and connect them to the RJ11?

Q3: Hacking in tp the mouse's low level encoder signals, and use the encoder
libraries ?? and How?? how do you connect wires to the analog ports? (do you
just use the (power, data and ground wires)?

I would appreciate it so much if anyone could give me some kind of
instructions on how to accomplish this

Thanks in advance

--Faris