  Search Results: cleaning old bricks
 Results 5161 – 5180 of about 52000.
Search took 0.03 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Talk me into Bley at BrickFest

(...) I think you're right insofar as it doesn't quite match as well. And seeing the new light gray against the old really makes the new gray almost look a little pastel. So at first, yeah, I thought it looked awful as rock. But after seeing it get (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.color, FTX)

old
(score: 0.621)

  Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?

(...) Before reading the poll's and the replies, I was going to say "machines of the industrial revolution". But then I saw a poll that gives me N choices of crane.... yawn. How about a lathe with a hot-wire tool that can turn shapes in foam? How (...) (17 years ago, 15-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic)

bricks
(score: 0.621)

  Death Star the Palitoy way

Hello, Here's my last model, a Death Star build the way of the old Palitoy cardboard toy. (URL) Questions and comments welcome, Enjoy, Eric / BaronSat (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

old
(score: 0.621)

  Space Police I Retriever

(2 URLs) Flickr> (URL) BS> (when modded) Dan Rubin is currently running a (URL) over on CSF for "mashups" of classic space themes with sci-fi spaceships. The Retriever is my entry mixing Space Police I with a (URL) Retriever Boat> from Starship (...) (18 years ago, 26-Feb-07, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

old
(score: 0.621)

  8480 Technic Space Shuttle

Hi Everyone, I just acquired an 8480 set ((URL) As I am sure that most of you already know, I have to say what a fun build this was. I wish LEGO Technic would produce more sets like this. I am not a fan at all of studless construction, to me sets (...) (17 years ago, 14-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic)

bricks
(score: 0.621)

  A power rail idea

OK, so 9V is dead. Not a happy thought. Still, the engineer in me can't help but think about ways to work within the new regime. After 40 years of off-and-on model rail and toy train activity, the first thought that comes to mind is that anyone who (...) (17 years ago, 14-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

bricks
(score: 0.621)

  Re: What are the companies in your city?

Is there a statute of limitations on responding to a years' old thread? ...Now and then, while searching for something else, I stumble onto an old thread that I missed but that I'd like to post to.... Such as... (...) This actually makes me want to (...) (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

old
(score: 0.621)

  Re: Talk me into Bley at BrickFest

(...) I saw this on the UCS Falcon thread and didn't get around to commenting about some of the responses saying "Boy, I wish I hadn't sworn off bley, this is so cool"... I think you've answered it yourself: Only you lose out in the end--there are (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.color, FTX)

old
(score: 0.621)

  Re: Small issue with homepage & Firefox

(...) Ah good old IE! Maybe we should penalise people who use IE by using the correct code?????? (Yes, I am kidding!!!!) ROSCO (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

old
(score: 0.620)

  Clearing up scratches on pieces

It's been years since I last posted here. I'm trying to restore the condition of some old pieces and thought someone here might know how to go about this. I got two of the 6989 MCM quarter domes off Bricklink a while ago, but they turned out to have (...) (18 years ago, 22-Feb-07, to lugnet.parts, lugnet.space)

old
(score: 0.620)

  Re: Spyshot: 18 wide Trolley

(...) Nice! Love the doors. BIG! I am thinking that at this scale, you will be the first to build a building with dark tan bricks. I am pretty sure duplo bricks are already available in dark tan. ;o) Jonathan (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

bricks
(score: 0.620)

  Re: Rutland Boxcar #104

(...) [...] (...) because I usually build with the bricks at hand, and I don't have many of those windshields. Chris (17 years ago, 10-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

bricks
(score: 0.620)

  Re: Precedent!

(...) I have always found it a bit ridiculous that Legoland does not put their incredible models under cover. I understand the idea of wanting an outside park, but UV and the weather is just too harsh on ABS. Why not have some really kewl nicely (...) (17 years ago, 13-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

bricks
(score: 0.620)

  Re: 9v train motor compared to IR train motor

AFAIK is the IR motor much lighter, did you try to compensate using those lead bricks (2x2x6 like in the 12V trains)?! My santa fe is also not doing so well in comparison to the 7760 (which is the best train in balance/pulling a heavy train IMHO). (...) (17 years ago, 11-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

bricks
(score: 0.620)

  Re: Surveying MTBF of Edu NXTs

(...) Two 6th grade girls at Ladd Acres Elementary in Hillsboro Oregon USA, named the NXT, "OOBER" out of the box. They used a rechargeable until that needed recharging. I replaced their original rechargeable with another one. Today, about 30 (...) (18 years ago, 24-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

old
(score: 0.620)

  ideas for building radar and communications gear for an airport/air traffic control/etc

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to build radar dishes, satellite dishes, communications antennas etc for use on the roof of a smallish airport/air traffic control tower? Looking to build in white or possibly old light grey. Thinking of the 6 (...) (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.town)

old
(score: 0.620)

  Re: Rutland Boxcar #104

(...) Hey james, I just used some 1x1-stud-on-side bricks and some 1x2x1 panels or 1x2x2 brackets to hold the doors in place. I put a couple of mpd's up here (URL) you want to download them and check out the details. They are spaced just right, so (...) (17 years ago, 8-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

bricks
(score: 0.620)

  Re: Smallest cube ever!?

(...) To both reply to this post and the one mentionned by Didier about the sturdyness, I noticed that if you put the 4 1x1 tiles stud out and in the exact middle of the 2x2 tile then the building will be more sturdy than putting the 1x1 tiles in (...) (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.build.schleim, FTX)

old
(score: 0.620)

  Re: What is Bley???

(...) I agree old brown is better for wood/dirt and if I was to choose only one brown it would be the old one, I just happen to like the new one for other uses... However I take serious offense at your casual remark which reduced castle to an (...) (18 years ago, 13-Feb-07, to lugnet.color, FTX)

old
(score: 0.620)

  Re: More IR Bulldozer pics

"Brian Davis" <brdavis@iusb.edu> wrote in message news:JDvpqM.JGG@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) on the gap in the motor housing (between the light bley and dark bley) , it looks like Mark already has taken his motor apart (or dropped it). Oh Mark!?! (...) (18 years ago, 22-Feb-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

old
(score: 0.620)

More:  Next Page >>