  Search Results: amy hughes church
 Results 1761 – 1780 of 3139.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Christian morality (cont)

(...) it (...) in (...) sects (...) also (...) Kevin, Thanks for your willingness to dialogue and explain your thinking a bit. I don't think you are alone at all in the concerns you've outlined above. I think most of your concerns can be addressed (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 1.225)

  Arguing about nature, Nature, and ethics

(...) (and in another post) (...) Mr. Pieniazek, You issued this challenge to me in another thread concerning sexual ethics. Perhaps you missed my note to Kevin which - to some degree - agrees with your concerns: --- The reasoning behind the sexual (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 1.225)

  Re: Problems with Christianity

(...) But I also hinted at the fact that Constantine kept the old practices under new names, which was a round about way of saying what you said in the first part of the above statement. (...) I wasn't making any such statements, just pointing out (...) (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 1.225)

  Re: Christian morality (cont)

Kevin, (...) Well, you know more about my basic assumptions, I think, than I do about yours. If you care to take a moment to state the differences, as you understand them, perhaps we could build a bridge or two. Also, I think it's rare that any one (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 1.224)

  Re: Problems with Christianity

(...) I didn't say that you did - I was just pointing out the silliness of the whole situation. (...) A knowledge of history makes me feel enlightened. (...) I think you have an extremely narrow definition of "Biblical Christianity" not shared by (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 1.224)

  Re: Problems with Christianity

(...) I took it as if you were accusing me of what you stated above. Again, I was only pointing out the obvious differences - which is why they remain Catholic and others don't become Catholic. Some people like one and some the other. I wasn't (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 1.224)

  Nature of man (was Re: Problems with Christianity)

(...) <snippage for the purpose of emphasis, also because I'm coming in late, and am (bluntly) too lazy to hunt up the argument to date and comment in a forward-moving way> I'm not sure about other flavours of christianity, but I know that the RC (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 1.224)

  Re: Problems with Christianity

(...) And there are many people who argue how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. Just as valueless an argument. (...) These are your interpretations. (...) Well they interpret it differently, go argue that with them. (...) Not according to (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 1.224)

  Re: Mens' magazines

(...) Could be worse--Amy could have been approached by (URL) The National Review.> Now that's perverse! Dave! FUT: OT.fun (because I don't intend my jest to start a big debate) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

amy
(score: 1.224)

  Re: Arguing about nature, Nature, and ethics

In response to "Kevin Wilson" <kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com> in message news:G5sE42.BEG@lugnet.com... Kevin, (...) I appreciate your effort at understanding my position. That's a tall order. I'll try to be as clear as possible, but to do that I'll (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 1.224)

  Re: Christian morality (cont)

In response to "Tom Stangl" <toms@netscape.com> in message news:3A3E5530.B9A803...ape.com... Tom, Recently you responded to something I wrote as follows: (...) I agree completely with your assessment, Tom, in that it raises a "larger question" as (...) (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 1.224)

  Re: Uselessness of .debate

(...) Why is it a snipe to call this "holiday season" Winter Solstice festival? Are you so arrogant as to believe that ONLY Christians own the celebrations this time of year? Hanukah, Kwanza (double a?), Winter Solstice, and MANY other celebrations (...) (24 years ago, 24-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 1.224)

  Re: Town building contest begins!

(...) Here is what I have so far: Diorama (URL) Street multi-building scene. Small Building (URL) origionally built for my Medieval town this church has become a fixture in my modern town. I hope to be able to do more but time is tight so we'll see. (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.town)

church
(score: 1.224)

  Re: Art Museum

(...) Amy, one word. OUTSTANDING. As usual. Steven Weiser (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

amy
(score: 1.224)

  Re: Ultimate castle theme..

In lugnet.castle, Ed T. Toton III writes: <snip> (...) I agree, in general. In fact, your ideas are remarkably similar to some thoughts I had a few weeks ago, so I'll toss in mine too: A basic underlying precept I have is my belief that, if Lego (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego)

church
(score: 1.223)

  Re: Art Museum

Well done Amy! Some lanscaping wont hurt and I'll sit here and wait for it to get OnLine. It's also VERY refreshing too see something that does not have anything to do with the color gray[1], also, it's a MOC that gives tan a purpous :) 1. Did I (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.town)

amy
(score: 1.223)

  Re: Art Museum

(...) Amy, outstanding work as usual. Your attention to detail is outstanding, the architecture is great...and tan to boot. All you need is a cool setting for it. I alway look forward to your mocs. -Keith (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

amy
(score: 1.223)

  Re: FAO Schwartz display in Forum Shops (Vegas)

(...) Hello! I have to say since I live in Vegas I had to read this post. I go to the Forum Shops ALL the time and my first stop is always FAO Schwartz. What was even more exciting was that I could follow you completely in your description. I know (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

church
(score: 1.223)

  Re: Art Museum

Amy, that's a gorgeous construction. Very inventive with the SNOT decorative work around the windows -- the 'backward' brick thing is put to great effect. And it makes for a very distinctive front door, too. Really great work! -The Rev. Brendan (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.town, FTX)

amy
(score: 1.223)

  Re: Mens' magazines

(...) Need we assume that their intent is to mock, though? I recall seeing the LEGO-compatible Tyco Superblocks Phone (as shown (URL)) in a "cool stuff" column in Playboy about fifteen years ago. In that article, the phone was quite highly (and (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

amy
(score: 1.223)

More:  Next Page >>