  Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 221 – 240 of about 136000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

(...) I'll answer this once search is working again. (...) I'd argue that it is more important that a society ensures its citizen has the right to shelter & sustenance... before any other right. In your dreamland, those within it have all sorts of (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.054)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) In a way, there are no copyrights -- not actually. Rights are sustained by belligerent contest in court, and less formally by social custom -- but the idea that others will ACTUALLY not copy your work is illusory. Trust me, it's true. And I (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.054)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) In a way, there are no copyrights -- not actually. Rights are sustained by belligerent contest in court, and less formally by social custom -- but the idea that others will ACTUALLY not copy your work is illusory. Trust me, it's true. And I (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.054)

  Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?

(...) we (...) Why? Seriously. Is the creation of an individual human life a reasonable analogy? Do you advocate parents having the same rights over their children that you are accepting of your God having over us? (...) I think that creating life (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.053)

  Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

(...) But what do you think? (...) Oh, I think it's a two way street. That's why there's nothing wrong with it. When you're an employee, you're being exploited because someone is (traditionally) making money from your labor. But you're exploiting (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.052)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) That is to be expected, and that wasn't the point I was trying to make. I'm not offended by people copying my designs for their own private enjoyment. Suppose LEGO claims rights to any sets you create using their service. Suppose they go on to (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.052)

  Re: Polyamory

(...) Um, EVERY US state? Polygamy is illegal, so there are many rights you lose by having an "under the books" polygamous marriage (try visiting a 2nd wife/husband in the ICU. Try asking for property from a death if you aren't specifically listed (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.052)

  Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

(...) You admit to being angry / bitter and use terms such as theft... it is difficult to take your argument seriously as it sounds so subjective. (...) I did before... that is why I said "This is all very circular." (...) It is not an important (...) (24 years ago, 11-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.051)

  Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

(...) it (...) Um, well, I think most people get angry sometimes. That doesn't mean that they can't be objective. And is it your contention that the use of the term 'theft' is a clear indicator of subjectivity? I have yet to hear you or any other (...) (24 years ago, 11-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.050)

  Shou shalt not steal?

(...) Think I missed that thread-- But I'm gonna come in late and argue something perhaps a little more basic: Inter-human morality all boils down to: "Thou shalt respect others." Which really works great, I think. "Thou shalt not kill" => "Thou (...) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.049)

  Re: Arguing about nature, Nature, and ethics

(...) Steve can speak for himself but I think he's responding to me. I've said that I had in the past foundered on trying to derive a justification for natural rights from reasoning about how animals do things and about what evolution has crafted. I (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.049)

  Re: Arguing about nature, Nature, and ethics

(...) Feel free to call me Lar or Larry. (...) No, I don't think this is necessarily true (whether others agree with it or not). I am not a moral relativist. I think there is an objective morality that is proper and good for humans to embrace. I've (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.049)

  Re: Is space property?

Hmm, I've been thinking about this issue since before Chris posted (look back and you'll find a thought exercise of mine dealing with someone living on property which is totally surrounded by someone else's property where that other person decides (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.046)

  Re: Arguing about nature, Nature, and ethics

In response to "Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> in message news:G5qotE.M0q@lugnet.com... Larry, I appreciate the interaction you've provided. Before going any further, I'm glad that you're not a relativist (which means, in turn, that you (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.046)

  Re: Is space property?

(...) and (...) will (...) I've been thinking about this. I have at various times thought that rights are: A) immutable truths based on the nature of our humanity, B) make believe, C) legal constructs saying what we can do, and D) fuzzy terms that (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.046)

  Re: Is space property?

Warning: Long, long rant by the resident imperial historian follows. Grab a donut (or an ear of corn, if you're a Middle American like myself). ;) (...) It doesn't. The lifestyle we enjoy in the US, UK, Europe (as a whole), Japan, Oceania, Canada, (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.041)

  Re: Family values?

(...) The fact that you suggest the self-evidence of marriage indicates that you and I have two fundamentally divergent worldviews. That's fine, of course, but we need to recognize that certain issues are therefore insoluble between us, and this may (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.040)

  Uhh, back to tax again ;-) (Was Re: Is space property?)

Christopher Weeks wrote in message ... (...) unfair, (...) You're right. I have made two mistakes in my argument: one was to invoke the ambiguous concept of "fairness", the other one was to rigidly stick to the dictionary definition of "stealing" (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.040)

  Re: Problems with Darwin's theory

(...) Democracy, individual human rights and the concept of "property" are all myths too, and myths with much shorter history in human culture than the idea of a divine creator. They're also less rational than belief in God. If we accept a literal (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.037)

  Theory vs. practice (was Re: Polyamory

All of what I say below is plowed ground, stuff I and others have said before, so those that pay attention are invited to skip this entire post. They already know this stuff. Scott, though, might want to pay attention, for once. I won't hold my (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.035)

More:  Next Page >>