  *89930 (-5)
  need help with ir proximity detection

i need help on how to make a robot that avoids objects by sensing how far away it is my sending a ir message with the rcx and dectecting it with the light sensor. how would you make the programming code (in rcx code or nqc)? (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  New Robot: Robot11

Greetings from Canada, I know this might not be a fantatic creation but it was my first go at a dual cartesian-robot using the second Mindstorms kit I recieved for Xmas this year (Was dissapoited at the lack of a power jack!). It's a model of one of (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What I did for the Y2K weekend...

Someday, yes. I'm going to get a phone, tear it apart, and rework the guts into some plates/bricks. But only a home phone - I think Facilities would get upset if I tore apart a work phone ;-) (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8448 there are no brakes !!!!!

I haven't motorized it yet. I got side-tracked building the original supercar (8880). I wanted to compare these two models side by side. Even though the 8448 isn't as 'tech' as 8880, I'm more impressed with 8448. 8448 is built up modularly - which (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: best set for micromotors, pneumatics

John Morgan wrote in message ... (...) Hi John, Thank's for correctly spelling my name. So few people get it right (^: (...) action (...) part (...) air. It sounds to me like a hydraulic/pneumatic snubbing cylinder. Thanks for the explanation! Iain (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact