  *83926 (-20)
  Re: using "lego" in domain names

(...) There is a funny article on the www.theonion.com archives page that reports that Microsoft trademarked 1s and 0s stating that all of their code used them. It says that Apple had to start making pedal powered, vinyl disk using Macs because they (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What are the fins on some steam locomotives for?

(...) They are to deflet the smoke from the chimney. Most of the time, the engine design would be such that the airflow across the top of the engine lifts the smoke off the enginetop. Sometimes the designer didn't get it right, and various 'smoke (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wat zit er in CyberMaster 8482?

De Cybermaster is veel minder veelzijdig toepasbaar dan de RCX, maar de CM kan *wel* zelfstandig een programma afdraaien dat via de PC is gemaakt; net als bij de RCX. Voor deze uitverkoopprijs is de CM zeker de moeite waard, maar ik twijfel of ik (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: [FA] - eBay - Lego CUSTOM: - Unique 4 axle custom Hopper

(...) Sorry, I meant the 5 unit articulated doublestack. (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: JJ'S REVIEW: 6095 Royal Joust

(...) Trans-green, trans-red, trans-blue, and I think trans-yellow. For the sake of clarity I have to mention that these are 1x1 round plates ('dots') and *not* the crystal-shaped Adventurer/Ninja gems. J (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: So what do you think you have under the tree?

(...) Lucky you. Although she's not against Lego, my girlfriend will buy me anything BUT Lego... Within reason of course. :) Bryan (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.dfw)

  Re: Ponte Vecchio - Elevated Road Bridge Over Rail

Great ideas Erik! Only you've got the wrong Italian city for the Ponte Vecchio. It is actually in Florence. The Ponte Vecchio bridge is very interesting because on top of the bridge are 2 galleries, the lower gallery consists of shops and stores, (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Anyone out there?

(...) Hello, I work in NYC and live in Union, NJ. It would be about a 20-30 minute to get to New Brunswick. I would be interested in getting together as well. I am a newbie as I purchased my RIS less than 2 months ago and am only now discovering the (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.nj.new, lugnet.loc.us.nj.tre, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny)

  Re: WTT: McDonald's Lego  [DAT]

(...) I could help you out with one of each, but I don't have any more spares than that. I'd be interested in copies of set #5. If anyone else wants to trade US1999 McDonald's sets, I can offer: Wanted Set Quantity 4 1 5 2(or as many as possible) 7 (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Ship Power Core

Wow, Paul, that is an impressive-looking engine! You've definitely given me some ideas for the large engines of the Lego Space Corps' newest explorer ship, the 4-deck Nautilus (under construction). -- Paul Davidson Paul Baulch (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: States Go After Online Auctions; $1000 fines

(...) I think there are arguments against that. eBay must just provide the service, but they also run the auction. The seller sets some of the parameters (starting bid, duration of auction, visibility), but the seller does not set bid increments, (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Super Car?

(...) Just order it online from TRU - check my previous posts about how to FIND it on their site, and use the January Ship option to save $10 and get free shipping. (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 4565 is $50 off at Zany Brainy

(...) When I called this morning, they said they were not on sale, they were $149.99. I asked them if they were sure, as other ZBs had flyers for them being on sale at $99.99, and they insisted that they were not on sale. I think they also said (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  2000 Sets at Wal-Mart in East Windsor, CT

Subject Line Says it All!! Dan M. (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ct)

  Re: Mechanoid model

(...) Unless you're referring to the Technic seat, LEdit/LDraw does have the other two seats (standard and space). Since Fortress Maximus, I've since completed Brainstorm in jet mode w/Arcana and Nightbeat. I've also modified two of Lego's larger (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: 5134 Shooting Cannon Service Packs

(...) US S@H does not have the set in its database. They are still available in the UK, at least through BusyBee Toy Service. Ed (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Mindstorm books?

(...) That is a really nice idea, as you do not have to look far while surfing LUGnet. And on the other hand it keeps the machine working. (How many of us do not own the 2 books by now? Maybe some people write some more books....) Maybe there could (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Super Car?

Any one out there know of any stores that currently have 8448 (red Super Car) on their shelves? I want to try finding one and see if the will price match the TRU add. TRU's around here dried up quick... Eric (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Mindstorm books?

(...) The DDK is virtually unprogrammable and has limited i/o capabilities, so neither book (as far as I'm aware) touches on it. Sorry... -Luis ###...### Profanity is the one language that all programmers understand. -Anonymous ###...### (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: using "lego" in domain names

Then they should go sue the Russian language or Tetris. :) -- Paul Davidson, aka Tinman www.theforce.net | Your Daily Dose of Star Wars www.filmforce.net | Your Daily Dose of Film News Huw Millington <hmillington@cix.co.uk> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

Skipped 1 message in group lugnet.off-topic.debate (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact