  *78570 (-20)
  If I wanted a perfect woman I'd marry a minifig..

From a conversation with my girlfriend tonight.. Remembering from studies, asking men what the "perfect woman" was, Laura said: "The perfect woman is passive, pretty, fun to play with and easy to put aside" :) Richard (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Tilt

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this one yet. This is a way to get two axis tilt sensors. It is basically tilted or not, no graduating scale, but, see below later... Get an old Bic ball-point pen. Cut two cylinders to some arbitrary length. Bend (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Technic Shuttle for £4!!

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999 14:48:05 GMT, Larry Pieniazek uttered the following profundities... (...) For the UK, for a set of that size, it is a very good price. We were fortunate to have the shuttles on sale for 45 squid, about a year ago, not bad, (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) don't (...) 4128 XL Freestyle bucket, which isn't available anymore, as far as I know. There is a Freestyle Set that I saw at the PM Lego Outlet store (I think) that had one. I'll check with someone who'll be going soon. I suppose you could (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  test

Hello everyone. New computer. New news setup. New post. Randy (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic)

  WAMALUG December Meeting Official Announcement

Hello Everyone! This is the Official WAMALUG Announcement for the December Meeting. It will be Located in Rosslyn VA, and take place on Saturday, December 4, at 10:00 am. The meeting will last until we get too tired to continue, or when our families (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.md, lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.va)

  WTT Space Pieces?

Here is my want list. white 2x12 plate grey 1x1x1 round rocket stage (small) (2) grey jet engines on 1x2 plate clear radar dish as in set #452 (3) grey minifig air tank (2) blue antenna red clear 1x1 brick with fins white 3x6 plate with 45 degree (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) I am going to go out on a limb and say that it was the Silver Aniversary Bucket. I am guessing because I think I have 3 hats and 3 of those buckets. I will check again when I get home but I am fairly sure of this. (...) It may have also been (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Jumping 'bots?

I've always thought that the ideal pure-Lego flywheel would use 4 of the metal counterweight pieces that are sometimes used for the gates in train crossing sets (and one also came in set 8094 Control Center too). You could use 4 of them in an 'x' (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Curious thick white gear with the slipping hub

Thanks, Phil... - Dave (...) Inventorbot (...) system. (...) slip (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Jumping 'bots?

(...) Don't forget that large mass moment of inertia slows down the tendency of a two-legged walker to tip over. It's why us humans are made to stand upright on out hind legs. You can achieve a large mass moment of inertia by making it tall, wide (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Crappy Plates!

(...) In the interest of preserving your Lego collection's purity, I'd be happy to volunteer my services as a MegaBloks handling agent. Ship any offending MegaBloks to me, and I guarantee they'll never trouble you again! Eager to serve the (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) Ok, big question: which freestyle sets came with the green wizard hats? I don't own any green ones, but I'd love to go hunt some down... were they offered in multiple freestyle sets? Or just one? Any idea on the current availability? Were they (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crappy Plates!

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:kGBFOAVNZJnjl9S...4ax.com... (...) soften. (...) Nooooo! Don't do it! It's not worth it . . . Maybe with a Megablock, though. Whenever I or my son found a clone brick (as hard as we try, (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) If you tried to order any of their mispriced items, you certainly did try to unfairly take advantage of their erroneous data in their automated system (in their sleep no less?). (...) No you didn't - or are you saying that you honestly (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Pirate ship with sawn hulls

(...) Thanks Richard I used 1X to join the bow and stern but to make it sturdy i filled the gap between the sewed half with 2x's and then used flat plates on top and bottom of hull pieces to make it strong. I think it makes the stern look better and (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) I currently have six Blue Wizards, two Green Wizards, one Black Wizard (Necromancer), a Druid, and two Liches as the magical forces in my kingdom. To make the Blue Archmage, I just replaced the plastic cape with an extra Darth Maul cloth cape. (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) I heard that. It's true. 20 plus postage for a used one, 25 plus postage for a new one. Standing offer. (...) So you have money to blow on batteries but not on the more ecologically sound alternative?? Take the long view (say, more than 5 (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Elephantastic!

For some time I've been trying to get my hands on either elephant character from the Fabuland series, namely Elmer (3706) and Elton (3601). Does anyone have either of these figures for sale? I don't even need the whole "set;" I'd be happy just to be (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Un SACCO di cose sul sito ItLUG

Mario Ferrari <mario.ferrari@edis.it> wrote in message news:FM2ovL.MA8@lugnet.com... (...) la (...) Anch'io sono a favore del logo con il mattoncino verde ma lo spruzzo grigio intorno a 'LUG'. Mi piace molto lo sfondo azzurro con la scritta ItLUG (è (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

Skipped 4 messages in group lugnet.off-topic.debate (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact