  *78557 (-20)
  Re: Jumping 'bots?

(...) Don't forget that large mass moment of inertia slows down the tendency of a two-legged walker to tip over. It's why us humans are made to stand upright on out hind legs. You can achieve a large mass moment of inertia by making it tall, wide (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Crappy Plates!

(...) In the interest of preserving your Lego collection's purity, I'd be happy to volunteer my services as a MegaBloks handling agent. Ship any offending MegaBloks to me, and I guarantee they'll never trouble you again! Eager to serve the (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) Ok, big question: which freestyle sets came with the green wizard hats? I don't own any green ones, but I'd love to go hunt some down... were they offered in multiple freestyle sets? Or just one? Any idea on the current availability? Were they (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crappy Plates!

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:kGBFOAVNZJnjl9S...4ax.com... (...) soften. (...) Nooooo! Don't do it! It's not worth it . . . Maybe with a Megablock, though. Whenever I or my son found a clone brick (as hard as we try, (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) If you tried to order any of their mispriced items, you certainly did try to unfairly take advantage of their erroneous data in their automated system (in their sleep no less?). (...) No you didn't - or are you saying that you honestly (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Pirate ship with sawn hulls

(...) Thanks Richard I used 1X to join the bow and stern but to make it sturdy i filled the gap between the sewed half with 2x's and then used flat plates on top and bottom of hull pieces to make it strong. I think it makes the stern look better and (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) I currently have six Blue Wizards, two Green Wizards, one Black Wizard (Necromancer), a Druid, and two Liches as the magical forces in my kingdom. To make the Blue Archmage, I just replaced the plastic cape with an extra Darth Maul cloth cape. (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) I heard that. It's true. 20 plus postage for a used one, 25 plus postage for a new one. Standing offer. (...) So you have money to blow on batteries but not on the more ecologically sound alternative?? Take the long view (say, more than 5 (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Elephantastic!

For some time I've been trying to get my hands on either elephant character from the Fabuland series, namely Elmer (3706) and Elton (3601). Does anyone have either of these figures for sale? I don't even need the whole "set;" I'd be happy just to be (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Un SACCO di cose sul sito ItLUG

Mario Ferrari <mario.ferrari@edis.it> wrote in message news:FM2ovL.MA8@lugnet.com... (...) la (...) Anch'io sono a favore del logo con il mattoncino verde ma lo spruzzo grigio intorno a 'LUG'. Mi piace molto lo sfondo azzurro con la scritta ItLUG (è (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Part Authoring

(...) available (...) the (...) End, (...) Thanks Steve, that was easy - I'd wondered what the [View Moves] section was all about. So expect my authoring productivity to increase by at least 20% !!! Chris (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: IR tower question

IrDA turns 'on' the IR for every 0 bit and holds it upfor ~ 1/2 of the period of the transmission frequency.(more on (URL) For these reasons its better to set the IrDA transmission frequency to 2x38kHz=76kHz and send 0x55 or other similar (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Meeting!

Just to keep LUGNET readers up to date (for those of you not on the mailing list)... Talk is currently brewing for another NELUG meeting in the next couple of weeks, it looks like the date is going to be Thursday, December 16th! (but that's by no (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)

  Re: LEGO in Toy Story 2?

huh? (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Gratis LEGO tegen inlevering van Airmiles bij V&D

Hallo Volgens mij kun je bijna altijd lego kopen met behulp van Airmiles... Hier in Oss gaat dat wel tenminste. hun Lego collectie is helaas aan de heel erg kleine kant. Je krijgt de Lego dus echt niet gratis. Ongeveer een kwartje per airmile of (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: Un SACCO di cose sul sito ItLUG

Soprattutto trovo scandalosa quella camicia lasciata aperta con finta naturalezza, per mostrare l'ambita maglietta del Mindfest :-) Ciao Giulio Carlo Ottolina ha scritto: (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Un SACCO di cose sul sito ItLUG

Io voto per il primo logo. Per quanto riguarda il background del frame di sinistra, blu e arancione mi sembrano altrettanto validi, con una piccola preferenza per l'arancione, forse perchè mi ci sono abituato :-) Ciao Giulio Domenico Franco ha (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

Richard, you have to be careful in trimming your attributions. What was ">>" in your post was not said by Scott, but rather the words of Nick G. Trimming off Nick's name can cause confusion. I agree with your main point in this post, but then I feel (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

Mario Ferrari <mario.ferrari@edis.it> wrote in message news:FM2ovL.MA8@lugnet.com... (...) Mario, nella foto sei presente due volte..... (leggi la didascalia) -- Cheers Carlo. LUGNET member page: (URL) member of ItLUG: (URL) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

FUT off-topic.debate (...) So did everyone else, there wasn't one. I don't know if you've run the numbers, but phone calls cost money to Paul. Every call means time he has to spend on the phone, and that's time that he isn't waiting on customers. He (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Skipped 3 messages in group lugnet.off-topic.debate (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact