  *72987 (-20)
  Re: Age average

Dennett wrote... <SNIP> (...) parent (...) You´re right! My local toy store has only got some sets (SW and Town jr) and their prices are high so I really want to go to a BIG toy-store in town, but I can´t drive to it :-( --Tobias (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Age average

Yeah, I´m 14 and if I had a job, then you would see the biggest lego town you´ve ever seen! I´d buy mindstorms and multiple copies of minifig packs, buy sets, sort out the parts I wanted and then throw away the rest. But I don´t have a job, so I (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Age average

Yeah but I think that kids around 10 years of age search WWW for lego, they find lugnet, and doesn´t like the disscussion forum ("Text? How boring!") but they do the lego survey, because they think it´s fun. Remember, lego is a toy for children so (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Animated Space Station

(...) I saw it, and I think I told you I liked it. But if you want to impress people, you gotta make CAD-stuff, like my animations. People love ´em :-) Here´s the link to them: (URL) I don´t think people are impressed if you make a spinning cheese (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Launch of new site yellowcastle.com

I love it! The whole site gives you a "yellow castle" feeling, the logo and the background. I was a little disappointed of you orange spaceship, I thought it was a minifig ship, but a it´s the first orange spaceship I´ve ever seen. Is it orange on (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Animated Space Station

(...) Gosh, Rick, I'm sorry I didn't take the time to stroke your ego... <smile> Actually, I enjoyed your space station animation the first time that you publicized it, somewhat over a month ago. Back then I was "read-only" on LUGNET. Didn't you (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Email Address

(...) Well, I found a pop3 account, thanks to that webpage. So I thank you for that. As for a free ISP, I've tried NetZero, and it didn't work very well. See, I have an ancient 486 66MHz that NetZero just wants to eat system recourses from, if I (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: 1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference

I will be away from a computer for 2 weeks so you won't hear much from me. I really think all of the comments are great and we'll have some sort of vote set up on where... when I return. Hang in there... SteveB SEBarile wrote in message ... (...) me (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Movie Licences

Ray Sanders wrote in message <382CEB51.44D07768@gate.net>... (...) What a great idea... I have the video for research and the CD to listen to while I'm building :) A pink bus coming up, pity I can't build the silver shoe on top of the bus :( (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: The "geography" of local space

(...) Whoa! Citation! Can I send this one to tthe Humanities Index? (>Insert the noise of a CV being violently padded here<) (...) Absolutely. Maybe it makes us feel a little closer to reality, like we're not just playing deities but playing (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Shopping - Zany brainy on 7 has several 8480 Space Shuttles

(...) Kevin, Which ZB's still had the 4565? I waited too long to pick one up in Rockville and they sold the last one the day before I went in. Strange, though, they had a few 4559's but no 4561's. Will (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.va.arl, lugnet.loc.us.dc)

  Re: TTT: a robotic tic-tac-toe player

(...) RCX GUI and using two motors. (OK, it doesn't pick the pieces up, and it has to play first -- it's a hard-coded win/draw solution and not a general solution to the problem, but it shows initiative.) You can see it at (URL) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Bullboys, Moomen, or Longhorns?

(...) Busted? Are we back on that trope about the chesty minifigs *again*!?!? ;) (...) Personally, since they use ranged weapons to do their dirty work, I was thinking of going to the only slightly more cerebral "Cow-ards." A close runner-up was (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Terminologia

(...) burp = (lett. "rutto") big ugly rock piece, brutto grosso pezzo di roccia. Quel coso grigio, pezzo unico, che rappresenta una serie di pezzi impilati a formare una specie di roccia. abs = è la sigla del materiale plastico di cui è fatto il (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: In need of BSB sails, Pirates flag

(...) Wish you asked a week ago. I have the flag (actuallly two of them - the big and the small ones) as part of lot that I currently have on Ebay (about 4 more days to go). It is used, but only slightly scratched and the clips are not broken. Check (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Any Zany Brainy Sales Soon?

Does anyone know if Zany Brainy will be having any sales soon on their Lego? There are a few things I'd like to buy, but it adds up to quite a bit, so I'd like to get them on sale. I don't remember ever having seen sales at Zany Brainy like for 20% (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: RIS 1.0 to 1.5 software upgrade

Hello all! It is really cool. I talked to the store I got my RIS 1.0 (with no sticker) from. And also to TLG Consumer Affairs. The consumer affairs agreed to ship me the Upgrade kit for $3.95 and the store people credited me $ 3.95 as they did not (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RIS 1.0 to 1.5 software upgrade

(...) Now I'm confused again... I've been told that the 1.0->1.5 upgrade includes some parts (a clutch gear, IIRC from an earlier thread) as well as software. Quoting Doug Wilcox: (...) which implies that the upgrade comes with pieces.... (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  All black 5542

The first time I built the Model Team 5542 Black Thunder I substituted black bricks for all non black bricks in the set. It looked real nice, but it just sat on the shelf for a year. I just dusted it off and created a scene where it might fit in: (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.publish, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: R2D2 spottings?

(...) Do they have the Bay department store in NS? Bay has them... sometimes you can get 15-20% off too! Bryan (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.ca)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact